Version 0.41 ( 8 June2017 )
Swatchbin Texture Converter is tool allowing to convert swatchbin textures from Forza Horizon 3 (PC) and Forza Motorsport 6 Apex (PC) to DirectX DirectDraw-Surface 10, PNG and BMP maps while supporting most of DXGI compression standards including cubic maps with BC6H_UF16 compression and input files with TXQU extended headers.
(recommended) Intel® Texture Works Plugin for Photoshop [ download here ]
(recommended) DDS Converter [ download here ]
• Added feature to overwrite existing output files. The converter will skip existing file if already exists in destination folder. Enabled by default.
• Added feature which informs the user of unsuccessful conversion together with three new ways to recognize invalid inputs. (InvalidSwatchbinHeaderException, UnsupportedCompressionException and the one for handling empty files with swatchbin extension)
• Added logging feature of unsuccessful conversions to text file. Folder: %appdata%\SwatchbinConverter\logs
• Added support for R8G8B8A8 compression
• Fix: It is no more possible to change preferences while the conversion is running.
• Fix: One-per-launch warning dialog for "Delete once done" feature. (due privacy standards)
• Fix: The tool will not process file if invalid/unsupported compression byte is found.
• New interface.
• Fixed issue with rescaling non-BC type compressions
• Removed pointless possibility to save preferences
• Removed pointless file choosers
• Preferences are no more in another window, it's much more simpler to change them for different task needs
• Completely core rebuild with the best possible data reading/writing methods
• It is no more possible to start new conversion task if one is already running
• New interface
• Built-in user manual
(Main) Supports conversion of multiple texture files and folders at once.
(Main)Automatically rescale texture canvas of block-type compressions to match modulo 4 division
(Optional) Hash-less filenames: Possiblity to remove hash indication for output textures.
(Optional) Include-subdirectories: Possibility to process subdirectories of selected directory.
(Optional) Absolute-path: Possibility for output textures to be placed in same directory as input swatchbins.
(Optional) Delete-once-done: Possibility to pernamentely delete inputs once conversion is done.
(Optional) Drag & Drop support: Possibility to Drag & Drop swatchbin files and folders to the tool for conversion.
(Optional) Overwrite existing files support: Possibility to keep or overwrite existing files.
(Interface) Progress of texture conversion is shown (in case task is being processed).
(Interface) Graphically selecting optional features of tool using checkboxes.
(Interface) Built-in user manual.
(Others) Data flow on non-SSD drives reaches up to 25 MB / second (depends on hard drive type & CPU, memory load).
(Others) Smart memory optimization by easing already finished instances.
Input swatchbin : aud_gauge_012_diff_398bcf1f-86d6-4f77-b516-03402cb5d35f.swatchbin
Output dds if enabled : aud_gauge_012_diff.dds
Output dds if disabled : aud_gauge_012_diff_398bcf1f-86d6-4f77-b516-03402cb5d35f.dds
Input swatchbin : textures/AUD_TTS_15_Fuel.swatchbin
Output dds if enabled : textures/AUD_TTS_15_Fuel.dds
Output dds if disabled : textures/Swatchbin Converter/AUD_TTS_15_Fuel.dds
WARNING : This feature removes swatchbins permanently, it's not possible to recover them from Recycle Bin!